Monday 20 May 2013

JOURNEY OF LIFE



JOURNEY OF LIFE.

I donned my best sporting gear and readied for the climb. Totally focused, I refused to look here nor there. I did not pause to smile or exchange a greeting with fellow-mates. I made my way up the mountain hurriedly and hastily leaving others way behind. Reaching the pinnacle, I rested and gazed around to enjoy the panoramic beauty and serenity. But there was no one to share my happiness and joy. There was room only for one at the top. I felt lonely. I had reached my destination without making the journey.


                                                       FOR : THEME THURSDAY : JOURNEY

15 comments:

  1. True picture of today's fast paced life. We keep struggling to reach the top, we need the best,be it professionally or personally, however, the moment we reach there, we realize that we are alone.

    We leave behind small moments of joy, we crush relationships, we fool ourselves, and then realize it was all a mirage. Happiness was always within us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. an excellent reminder to enjoy the journey!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. journey should be more enjoyable. Thanks Robyn

      Delete
  3. How very true! There's also that deep meaning in coming to the realization. Brilliant Kalpana!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kaykuala. Realization has come late.But better late than never.

      Delete
  4. It's lonely at the top, so they say!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent- The Awakening! Like it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this thought resonates well with all of us. In everyday life we are just running in the rat race.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The moment a human being takes birth , starts participating in the rate race. sad. Thanks Vandana for reading my post.

      Delete
  7. I think this shows that the journey of life is what is truly important along with one's family and friends. Getting to the top can be very lonely and if you have no one with which to share it with then why would you even want to be there. True riches are found in the love that your friends and family freely give to you. True love cannot be bought and that is why it is more precious than all the gold in the world. I think nothing is more beautiful than the smile that a baby gives to those the baby loves.

    I love your tale of caution, it is a very important thing we all need to learn.

    Thanks for sharing this for this weeks Theme Thursday. May you have a wonderful week with lots of friends and family to share it.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

please show some love......