Saturday 20 July 2013

BAKED A CAKE.

Goggle Image.
                                                 

YESTERDAY, I TOLD CORINNE THAT I HAVE DONE SOMETHING  THAT HAS MADE ME

HAPPY. I BAKED A CAKE. AFTER PARTICIPATING IN UBC, MY TIME IS MOSTLY SPENT

ON READING CO-BLOGGER'S POST , WHICH I AM LOVING IT BUT LEAVES  ME WITH

LITTLE TIME TO EXPERIMENT WITH MY CULINARY ARTS.  MY SON AND HUBBY ARE

HAPPY EATING THE  CAKE. AND OF COURSE , I TOO LOVE HOME-MADE CAKES. I DID

NOT ATTEND ANY BAKING CLASSES,  BUT PICKED UP THE FINER NUANCES OF

BAKING BY  READING 'COOKERY BOOKS.

THIS RECIPE IS HANDED DOWN TO ME BY MY MOM'S NEIGHBOUR  AND I MADE

CHANGES TO THE ORIGINAL ONE.

                                                       



INGREDIENTS

a)  1 CUP WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR
b)  3/4 CUP POWDERED SUGAR
c)  3/4 CUP FRESH MILK CREAM(OR 3/4 CUP COOKING OIL)
d)  3 EGGS
e)  1 TBSP BAKING POWDER
f)  1/2 TSP ENO (OR BAKING SODA)
g)  1/4 TSP ELACHI POWDER ( I DO NOT USE ESSENCE)
h)  3 TBSP  BOURNVITA ( OR COCOA PWD)


METHOD

SIFT  ITEMS  a , b ,e , f  IN A BOWL AND KEEP ASIDE.

BEAT THE EGGS TILL DOUBLE THE VOLUME. ADD CREAM AND WHISK  AND ELACHI PWD. WHISK WELL. SLOWLY ADD CONTENTS OF BOWL . MIX WELL. ADD ITEM h. STIR LIGHTLY.

IN A PREHEATED OVEN, BAKE AT 180 DEGREES CELSIUS  FOR  25 MINUTES.

 HAPPY BAKING.

KALPANA'S
BOURNVITA CAKE
WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME THAT YOU BAKED SOMETHING? DO SHARE WITH US.

FOR : ULTIMATE BLOG CHALLENGE DAY 21



17 comments:

  1. Looks like an easy to bake cake... thanks for the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! Cooking is a another creative pursuit of mine although I haven't got into baking. Hope to taste your cake someday soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am waiting to spread the table for you,Corinne.I love to cook food and entertain.

      Delete
  3. Looks like a wonderful recipe. Alas,I no more bake :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's wonderful to taste, Shail. start baking again.

      Delete
  4. I have only baked use the ready mixes from pillsbury. should try this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try baking with fresh ingredients. They are healthier, the little princess.

      Delete
  5. Wow Kalpana... would love to taste your cake sometime. Baking is something I am yet to try my hands at though :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That looks like a quick bake.... and definitely yummy.... glad that you are finding time for yourself and family in spite of the UBC taking up so much of our time... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On Sat, I decided that I WILL bake a cake. and I did it. Yes this is a quick bake cake, Bhavya.

      Delete
  7. Quick Bake and finally I get to reada recipe with whole wheat than Maida...wohoooo..I am going to try this out next weekend and Let you know!!!Thanks a bunch :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks yummy. The last 2 times that i baked a cake was from a ready made mix. Should try baking sometimes soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. ohhh you used whole wheat flour.. that is first time for me.. i will surely try this sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. At home my husband is the baker ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks nice! and of course quite yummy :) I hope to try it muself :)

    Richa

    ReplyDelete
  12. looks yummy and easy to make!
    I haven't baked a cake in ages!!

    ReplyDelete

please show some love......