Wednesday 3 July 2013

BLOGGING AND YOGA

From the time I have started blogging, my yoga session and walks 

have minimized. Earlier I had a full 45 minute yoga workout and  

a brisk walk of 30-45 minutes. This activity lubricates my body 

machinery  keeping it running unhindered  and smoothly, without 

a  breakdown. 

But this new found passion is reducing my physical  activity and I 

have turned into a 'couch potato' rather  a 'chair potato' in front 

of  the computer screen. My son complains that PC (not Priyanka 

Chopra) has become my new-found love and the center of 

attention is shifted from my apple-of -my-eye to different kind of 

Apple. But my mind is brimming with activity albeit of a 

different kind. Along with the planning of the menu for the day, I 

am planning my agenda for writing. I  am enjoying my tryst with 

blogging. Like a teen-aged girl fallen in love ,I keep clicking 

buttons, reading the writings of my co-bloggers and commenting . 

I am happy with the exchange of ideas.


But two days ago, I felt that  I am over-indulging in my new  found 

passion and have decided to take remedial steps.


They are :   (1)  Revive my yoga sessions.

(2) Continue to walk either in the house (when it rains) or enjoy a 

brisk walk outdoors.

(3) My reading and writing will continue along with the household 

chores.

(4) Pay (more) attention to my son.

(5) Solve Sudoku and crossword puzzles. 

(6) Call up some friends. The talks are long over-due.

(7) Learn some new dishes from friends and neighbours.


Along with the mind the body too has to be kept fit ,healthy and 

agile. A healthy mind exists in a healthy body.

How do you keep yourselves fit? Do share with me.









Source : Goggle Images.

                                             for : ULTIMATE BLOG CHALLENGE - DAY 4


18 comments:

  1. I've re-started walking too, Kalpana. Blogging can get so addictive! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walking and thinking that's the best way to blogging. Keep walking Corinne. Accha hai.

      Delete
  2. I dont....... Its even disturbed my Sleep as whn i go to bed i used to wonder who online reading my blog and comments so curious like a little child waiting for his Chocolate...So Addicted...... Now trying to slow down........ Lets see. I have to start waling tooooooooo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I sleep I sleep like a baby. We have to walk and exercise to keep fit .Thank you Lasha M. for your contribution.

      Delete
  3. i am a gym person, and as soon as both my kids are off to school, I am off to the gym... It keeps me fresh throughout the day.... my instructor has started complaining that for the past few days I have a faraway look in my eyes and im not really concentrating on my workouts! well well..what do I tell him!! i rush back home to start writing...and that's on mind when Im working out too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blogging is very addictive and we should wean ourselves from it not forgetting that there are other things in life too.Thanking you the little princess for sharing your thoughts

      Delete
  4. Kalpana....welcome to the addictive world of Blogging :)
    This is the same thing that happened to me two years ago, when i started blogging. The difference was, I stopped dancing. I was glued to my PC, promoting my posts, reading other blogs and my FB page.

    However, now I have restricted myself. Only 2 hrs a day :) yet at times, i tend to stretch :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have decided to curtail my time and other areas suffer. Thank you for stopping by and commenting.

      Delete
  5. I walk, gym and also do yoga. But, I need to start doing yoga more regularly.
    It relaxes me and helps me think. I love de-stressing by pumping some iron at the gym!! :P :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whatever form of activity/exercise is much needed for a healthy body and an active mind. Thank Pixie for reading.

      Delete
  6. sure a little change in the routine does not hurt :) :) .. overindulgence is a sin...but I can totally understand when you say that your new friend is your PC :D :D.. I was like that too.. but now sorted out...mornings for writings and evenings for readings... so kind of cool now :D :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes Suku. overindulgence is bad.thanks for reading.

      Delete
  7. this should be every blogger's post. Our online activity sap all our energy and time. I am 100 % guilty I know :|

    Richa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even I am guilty Richa but am slowly changing. Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  8. Blogging especially everyday blogging has this effect on all of us. Glad you have taken corrective actions! All the best and happy blogging too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trying to make amends step-by-step, Shilpa.

      Delete
  9. Very true blogging is addictive, you are either reading other's blogs or drafting out your posts and before you realise, poof!! time just flies... Balancing out all the things that make you happy and healthy is quite a challenge. Happy blogging!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From the time I have taken up blogging , I feel the hands of the clock are always rushing fast ahead. Thank you Reshma.

      Delete

please show some love......