Sunday, 28 July 2013

CONQUER THYSELF.




Life a delicate thread,
the length of a span,
snap it will,  dread.
Gingerly,  spread an intricate plan.

But the waves of uncertainty,
lashed to erode the well-crafted strategy,
Alas! like flotsam , tossed around by destiny.
lay broken, a weakened psychology.

I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul,
Thumped proudly bare-chest, till date.
Earth beneath my ground split into a hole .

Cried a voice; an inner voice
"respect the forces of creation"
bow to the fury, I had no choice.
"Halt the advance of invasion."

Go slow! the greatest vice is greed,
for it knows not gender or creed.
Make peace with thyself
foremost conquer thyself.

The great Greek king came to India with an ambition to conquer the world through war and invasion. His mighty army and battle field acumen could not fulfill his ambition. But Gautam Buddha found true meaning of life and hence his preachings are revered.


FOR : ULTIMATE BLOG CHALLENGE DAY 29

Write Tribe