Saturday 31 August 2013

7 things I learnt from life.




I am taking part in The Write Tribe Festival of Words 1st-7th September 2013.


Seven things I learnt from life.

The interiors of a classroom teach a student, the 3 R's viz ;reading , writing and arithmetic. One becomes literate, armed with a degree to start earning to keep the wolf at bay. But life beyond the school/college gates are different from the one inside and in the school of life the student is a student for a life-time. During student life , one makes the world dance to their tunes while the exposure to the outside world makes one dance to life's tunes. What a stark contrast and harsh reality!
And no single person misses this opportunity experiencing this.

I too have woken from my reverie to be jolted to taste the bitter fruits of experience to better myself.

Truth does not (always) triumph.

 
I strongly felt that truth (always) emerges the winner but it is back-stabbed a thousand times
before it reveals its true self. A lie is gift-wrapped    
while truth is naked. Life is not a path of roses for the person who abides by truth. 

All characters in life are not black or white but grey.



Like a Hindi film, people in life ,I believed people are     either good or bad but with experience have stumbled upon reality that its human to have negative traits and either black or white do not exist.
    
If the grass is greener on the other side it means , the people there have watered it well.


The green ugly monster should not be allowed to raise it head. If a student has tasted success she has worked hard her way up. If a couple are happy in a marriage it shows they are constantly working ,shedding egos, balancing the gives and takes . There is no short-cut to hard-work.

The only thing constant is change.


Relationships, friends, hopes, aspirations, goals change with time and place. To accept this was a Himalayan task.  

One lives on hope.




However bleak is today, tomorrow should bring in better prospects. Cling to hope as an ant on a straw floating on fast swirling water. When one has a flicker of hope in the heart there is a way ahead to walk on.

To err is human but to repeat it, is stupidity.

Life does not come with a set of written manuals so its human to commit mistake. Mistakes are a proof of having tried things but failed or fell short of achieving the target but repeating the same mistakes time and again is knowing the pitfalls and yet blindly walking into it, is unpardonable. 


Live in the present.




The past has passed away and one cannot go there to  erase the mistakes. The future is unknown , unseen and unpredictable. So what is  known and within our control is present and is a gift. So live in the present and cherish every moment. 

There are many lessons I have learnt till date but accepting and implementing process is still work-in-progress. Do you agree with me , readers? How do you differ from me?

Google Images



21 comments:

  1. I am still a work in progress too. :) It is indeed over time and experience that such lessons are learnt. I know the feeling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love writeups like these...I specially liked "the grass of the other side" analogy. It is so true that in the process of envying others, people forget to acknowledge the work that goes into deserving something :-) Looking forward to a whole week with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. like they say yesterday is history tomorrow mystery but today is a gift hence it is called present
    CANT Say how much I loved the quotes here !!
    good one kalpana
    I am sure life teaches us all these things in its own way :) <3
    good lck with challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are indeed so true! Learning, accepting and implementing are all work in progress for me.. Long, long way to go! Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exactly...the process will go on till we are alive...I loved the idea of grey characters...relates perfectly well with today's lifestyle. Very well written Kalpana...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a nice post filled with so many positive thoughts and messages which the readers can easily follow in their lives...

    ReplyDelete
  7. "The green ugly monster should not be allowed to raise it head. If a student has tasted success she has worked hard her way up. If a couple are happy in a marriage it shows they are constantly working ,shedding egos, balancing the gives and takes . There is no short-cut to hard-work."

    That is so very true. :-)
    We all I believe are work-in-progress. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are right Kalpana...this process will go till we are alive. I loved the idea of grey characters...which appropriately relates to the lifestyle of today...Very effective post... loved it

    ReplyDelete
  9. The past has passed away and one cannot go there to erase the mistakes. The future is unknown , unseen and unpredictable. So what is known and within our control is present and is a gift. So live in the present and cherish every moment.

    So apt and so true! I think this is the one thing that most of struggle most of the times in our life!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am still a work in progress.....and I believe that learning never ceases for anyone in life..!

    ReplyDelete
  11. To err is human, to repeat it stupidity...such a brilliantly put lesson....
    Loved the post and the honesty that came with it...will see you again tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing your life lessons. I found myself nodding my head for each one.
    To err is human but to repeat stupidity! Haha...I'm going to be saying that to myself often now, Kalpana.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kalpana this piece is awesome. The lessons learnt from life are more realistic than the ones learnt in school.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Applause! I loved that watering of the grass on the other side in particular. And, yes, it counts as experience only when you learn from your mistakes

    ReplyDelete
  15. loved every single learning and it echoes what i have learnt from life too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. U deserve thumbs up for this one. Lies and unethical practice never pays. We also learn from our mistakes.
    Cheerz
    Vishal

    ReplyDelete
  17. A very thought provoking post it is. Loved your learning list.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Loved all the quotes.
    And my all time fav and one thing I believe so firmly is "There's no person white or black, but just gray!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Indeed a soul-searching post! The grass quote was truly inspirational... gonna stay with me for life-long. Will keep coming back for more.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I agree with most of the points Kalpana, except maybe the first point. Of course truth never has it easy but its not completely useless. It triumphs, sooner or later. I believe that :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great maxims to live by, Kalpana! This is a great theme to kick-start the prompt!

    ReplyDelete

please show some love......