Monday 5 August 2013

Freedom




Give me my space ,
Give me my freedom,
Let me express my thoughts
as a free bird in the sky
on the canvas of life.

Give me space,
Give me freedom
Do not bind me,
Do not tie my hands
As a cuff-links to sleeves.


Let my hands pick up the pen
to express my thoughts, at my will
at my pace, Give me space,
Give me freedom.

Give me the freedom 
to craft the lines on my palms.
To write my own destiny,
My own road to destination.

Give me space,
Do not suffocate me.
Do not give me a premature death
and bury my aspirations.

Allow my hands to be free,
to sculpt with , my place under the sun.
Allow my hands to mould my fate,
with wet clay ,Give me my space,
Give me my freedom.

Is it that I ask too much?
A little space,
A little freedom.


For : The Mag

9 comments:

  1. "Allow my hands to sculpt my place under the sun"

    That's something we'd all like to do...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When the mind is free, the hands are free. thoughts and action go together. Thanks Jinksy for reading.

      Delete
  2. freedom is all that I seek.. it's just so true... I feel like that especially when editors ask me to write within their boundaries :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least the space inside our heads has no limit...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can we earthbound mortals ever find space and freedpm. Ahhh . . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. If life in this world was all that was meant to ever be of our existences, no, it most certainly would not be too much to ask.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We all need that space to express our thoughts ... well written.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Do not tie my hands as a cuff-links to sleeves" is a wonderful phrase. It's an interesting interpretation of the image, I love it!

    ReplyDelete

please show some love......