Thursday 5 September 2013

7 items in a purse/bag.



WTFestivalofWords


I am taking part in The Write Tribe Festival of Words 1st-7th September 2013.

DAY 6



                   


A bag/purse is not a mere decorative item or a fashion accessory carried by the ladies but is an important and an integral part of a women's wardrobe.It is a storehouse of all essentials items required for the smoothing functioning of the day. It should contain the following items

WET / DRY TISSUES /HANDKERCHIEF

Wet and dry tissues are most needed in hot and humid weather to dab the face to remove the excess oil and sweat. During rains handkerchief or a small napkin is needed.


COMB/HAIR BRUSH  AND MIRROR

A quick brush of the hair in a mirror alters the appearance to give a neat look. 

CASH/CREDIT CARDS/CHEQUE BOOK

Credit cards for payment of petrol bills , restaurants bill  etc and cash to pay for taxi and auto rickshaws. Unsigned cheque book is optional.

MOBILE-PHONE AND CHARGER

Along with the mobile-phone , the charger too is necessary .

A PEN and AN ENVELOPE

Most clients in banks hunt for people from whom they can borrow a pen to fill the slips. One can solve crosswords puzzles , Sudoku etc.

In the envelope , keep a contact address and contact number in case of an emergency (God forbid any untoward incident)

A SMALL CLOTH BAG

On the spur of the moment , you decide to buy some bakery items/fruits etc.

COMPACT POWDER/EYE-LINER/KOHL PENCIL/LIPSTICK/LIP GLOSS

These are necessary in case of impromptu outings or parties.

MEDICINES/ A CHOCOLATE BAR 

Painkillers or any other medicines required . My friend suffers from low B.P., keeps a chocolate bar handy.

PEPPER CAN SPRAY

I read in the newspapers that many females are including this as a necessary item in the wake of the brutal incidents. I would say that one never needs to use this. The stockists of this item have recorded an increase in their sales.

I have exceeded the number of items by two. (maaf karna)

While travelling in an autorikshaw or a cab keep the purse on your lap. This way one will not forget it in the vehicle. 

Readers , what items do you carry in your bag/purse?


Day 1 - 7 things I learnt from life.

Day 2 - 7 things I cannot live without

Day 3 - 7 most loved programmes on tv

Day 3 - healthy sprouts bhel

Day 4 - My 7 pet peeves

DAY 5 - 7 senses




23 comments:

  1. Just a suggestion, do away with the polythene bag will you? And opt for a cloth bag that comes with a pouch instead? Safer for the environment and not to mention that it is reusable till it tears!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Implemented your suggestion and its right from the environment point of view.Thanks for dropping by.

      Delete
  2. Exactly, but our bag is often a safe place for the extra small items of our kids also...isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes our kids dump their things in our bag.Hence it becomes a multi-purpose bag for the whole family.

      Delete
  3. I also have my glasses - I'd see life in blur without them. Nice list. I think I can relate to a lot of those.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also carry band-aids, a nail file, and Tylenol. But if I can get away without carrying a purse at times, I will!
    Penny
    http://pennymcdanielspiritualguidance.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Penny , I cannot do without my purse and stuff as many things as I can.

      Delete
  5. Ah, Kalpana, the greatest ire is when we search for one item, we stumble on so many things that come in the way of finding THAT one item.

    Joy always,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Other than the that thing we are searching we find all other things. its very frustrating .

      Delete
  6. I also have a Book and a notepad too.
    Nice list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All very useful things which must be kept in the bag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ushaji, for me , nothing is of no use.But I have to limit the number of items.

      Delete
  8. Kalpana - I'm always the just-in-case type and when I was working would go around with all sorts in my bag - stapler, glue stick, pens, some unmentionables, and even something to fix the 'naada' on my salwar! ;)
    My colleague would always tease me about this asking if I even had burgers etc. in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Corinne , my bags/purses are big. I cannot settle for smaller ones. I carry a 100 ml bottle filled with water or lemon-ade when I have to travel . Penny suggested band-aids. that's good idea.

      Delete
  9. I carry most of the stuff you've mentioned in the list Kalpana except the pepper spray :). Bag is an essential item for me and I can't think of leaving home without it. It's just become a part of me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That last one is a sad commentary on the state of affairs in India

    ReplyDelete
  11. Believe it or not I happen to carry a satchel with me wherever I go, and the items in it include both my wallets (one for paper money, one for plastic money), my spare pair of spectacles (blind without them), a couple of hard boiled candies (Candyman are my favorites) and a few other important knick-knacks which all men who smoke carry...

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a lovely list of items one must keep a bag and better be safe. Glad you shared your list.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a lovely list of items one must keep a bag and better be safe. Glad you shared your list.
    www.vishalbheeroo.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have gum to help me stay awake during meetings or bored outings ;)

    interesting post!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My big bag has all this, and a pair of sunglasses, sunlight in my eyes is an instant recipe for a headache. But these days, when I drop/pick up daughter from school, I carry a smaller along bag with just my wallet, tissues, bus pass and glasses and a reusable bag.

    ReplyDelete

please show some love......