Sunday 29 September 2013

Stars and the moon

The Sandman by Catrin Welz-Stein
Picture courtesy : Catrin Welz-Stein.

The celestial jewels
up in the black blanket
strewn , shone brightly.
Inviting , teasing me
to adorn my self.

I rubbed the magic lamp
and the genie plucked my villa
and lo! I was floating
in the sea of clouds.

The crescent moon 
sat snugly around my neck
The stars fitted on my tiara
and embellished my gown.

The Princess of galaxy
I sped on my weightlessness.
A comet came hurtling at me
scared , I woke up in my bed. 


For : dVerse - Poets Club

15 comments:

  1. What a wonderful dream.. and so good to wake before the comet hit...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha..what an amazing dream it would be to live among the stars....surely full of awe...and a bit frightening with the close encounters...smiles...cool response...

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh heck...glad you woke before the comet hit you... lovely floating and dreamy mood in this... i wish i had dreams like this...nice

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great dream, and thank goodness it had an end.. Great write!

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha this is such a cool dream :) I loved the narration !

    ReplyDelete
  6. thats so interesting.....wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very scary dream, and you woke up! Nice write!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very vivid dream. Thank goodness for a happy ending.

    ReplyDelete
  9. whoa that's almost like a hitchhikers guide :) Nice

    PhenoMenon

    ReplyDelete
  10. Quite a dream! :) the picture matches the poem perfectly :)

    -vaisakh

    ReplyDelete
  11. Quite a dream, that. Hey i have always loved comets and always intrigued by them :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely poem filled with wonder and innocence :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the celestial aspect to this. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely poem kalpana. ..am no poet....beautifully described the picture

    ReplyDelete

please show some love......