Wednesday 2 October 2013

Alphabets.



              From the deepest oceans,
              the twenty and six pearls,
               stared at me, smilingly.
      various combinations and permutations,
                   I string each word ,
                  to form sentences.
        Words and sentences fuse together
                to complete a story.
           of a  beautiful adornment. 


             A beautiful adornment
               Completes a story.
       words and sentences fuse together
                to form sentences.
               I string each word
     into various combinations , permutations.
            stared at me, smilingly, 
           the twenty and six pearls,
             from the deepest oceans.


This is a palindrome poem. The last line of the first verse is the first line of the second verse. and the first line of the first verse is the last line of the second verse. I have made subtle changes to the second verse.


For : PoetryJam

20 comments:

  1. Wow... you did great with the prompt. I really like the idea of the alphabet letters as pearls in the ocean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice....the creation story in letters and words....and when we write, the BIG BANG...smiles...nice job on the mirror effect....

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very well written indeed. I really liked how you used the 'twenty and six pearls.'

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your extended metaphor and the idea of stringing letters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool imagery and a type of poetry I had never encountered before. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent, letters and words that form so much and create, this was very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful! I love the images of words as pearls from the ocean :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very beautifully woven a pearl necklace. Wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful poem and a wonderful concept this palindrome is.:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is ridiculously amazing!! Awesome..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! It made such an interesting read Kalpana :)

    Richa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow !!! Superb one, there !! Really nice Kalpana ji :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really amazing read Kalpana..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! How cool is this?? Lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful. I didn't know about this kind of poetry. Impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  16. My love for Maths made me smile at the permutations and combinations. And I love how you describe the letters as pearls. And how cool is the backwards prompt. I enjoyed it too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. well written and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is super kalpana...first time hearing of such a poem...:)

    ReplyDelete

please show some love......