Thursday 24 October 2013

Mirror

                                                        


           
 Mirror Mirror on the wall                
a friend on call
The new hair cut
the winter embroidered coat
Thou reflected with sincere.

                                                             



Mirror Mirror on the wall
Why do we always brawl?
the pimple , acne or a bad hair
Why do you reflect it so fair?
A white lie will make me feel bigger.



Mirror Mirror on the wall
look , I am so tall
on the run , just a glance
Heavy literature , no fun and dance
till  i finish University.



Mirror Mirror on the wall
who does in my heart dwell?
roses on my cheek
inhaling Cupid's aroma , eyes speak.
Life is a dream.




Mirror mirror on the wall

I am on the way to aisle , entrall
The kohl-ed eyes and jewels jingle
jasmine fragrance and blush mingle
Most happiest moment, I bask.

      

         
                                   
The umbilical cord was snapped apart
and you bonded with my heart.                                                            
with my unclear sight
I stared at the blue in your eyes, bright
reflecting back my tears,
I wiped them. Shrugged my fears.

Mirror Mirror, You can wait
while with my joy , I date  





Mirror Mirror on the wall
my salt and pepper crown , dual
I smile back with content
every fulfilled dreamt.





Mirror Mirror on the wall

Thanks for the times all
Time is nearing with every breath
hold my finger , a new journey , dear death.

Mirror is a constant companion, a true friend from childhood to death , reflecting faithfully without fear and favour. Though  mute on the wall , it speaks voluminous truth , whether we like it or not.


Read this beautiful poem  Mirror by Slyvia Plath.


For :  poetryjaam  


           

13 comments:

  1. Well said kalpana. Mirror is indeed a good companion. I wish it lied to me at times to boost my ego too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, nicely done... the mirror is a part of entire life journey! Yeah, I wish it lied sometimes too :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those mirrors are there - for better or worse! Could use some those white lies this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those crazy mirrors. I tend to avoid mine most of the time. LOL fun post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome composition. Wish the mirror can lie :p

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful writing and really interesting topic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kalpana, this an interesting post. Mirror on the wall can only reflect the outer beauty but not the purity of the mind!

    ReplyDelete
  8. a pretty cool though on how our mirrors grow up with us...and try to fight it but the mirror is not the one with the choice in what is relfected...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mirror does not have a choice in what is reflected not humans have a choice. But its is the tendency of the humans to see what they wish to see.When the mirror reflects faithfully, human perceive it as a lie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The thoughts and the emotions behind the poetry so real and true. I also often feel the same way about a mirror..

    Richa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Superb one, Kalpana Ji :) nice take on a mirror..... such a simple object, and so much it conveys !

    ReplyDelete
  12. This really works and has a great depth of emotion. I like this a lot.

    ReplyDelete

please show some love......