Wednesday 20 November 2013

Lightning

                                                  



The clouds knitted its brow
the Heavens thundered,
shuddered , in the nest , a crow
the skies hollered.

But I stood defiantly
not a word or a scare
did not bat an eyelid , unflinchingly
nor fear dare, me, pierce.


Afraid , aren't you, my wrath?
I 've come thru the path
to meet you with arms open
for I 'm God's chosen.

tempest, hurricanes hurled
but faced all , not curled.
the sorrows and sadness , devils
are my life's medals,

that I wear close to my skin
after all the lightning and thunder
comes the calming rain.
soak, I, in the rainbow and color.














For : PoetryJam

18 comments:

  1. A fetching take on the prompt; like the line /devils are my life's medals/ good energy in the piece; thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A hopeful piece about lightning and I like many of the images and word phrases you have used. Neat photo as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the rainbow and color after the storm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the good news is that after the storm there is a rainbow...what an awesome power there is in a storm though...lightning crashing....

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the rainbow of imagery in the lines....Kalpana :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the image of the cloud knitting it's brow and the rainbow finale!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really like the first line and the last!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooh! That was really nice.
    I too loved the last lines !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful flow of the lines. Loved the last stanza.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A positive poem, despite the dreary start. Like they say - It is darkest just before dawn. Lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything about rain is simply awesome. Right from rainbow to the smell of the earth after rain. Beautifully written. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved the poem Kalpana. Like Sheethal said, everything about rain is simply awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A lovely poem perfectly capturing the violence of a thunderstorm and ended with the promise of new beginnings with a beautiful rainbow. Well done Kalpana! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the calming rain after the rage of the storm, really nicely done.

    ReplyDelete

please show some love......