Wednesday 17 September 2014

Black


My feet couldn't find the uneven ground as my hands ran over a surface, abrasive to touch. Struggling to gather my poise, my cheeks felt the cool breeze caress and assimilate with the hot breath from my nostrils. I found support on the bark of a tree. The voices of the children playing nearby soothed me. The lingering light fragrance permeated into my being. 

"The gulmohar flowers are a lovely shade of red and white”, a husky voice echoed.

“Yes”, a feminine voice answered.

 But my world was dark and black.


I tightly held the curved end of my stick. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Word count 100


                                                           Linking to Velvet Verbosity.   


                             

No comments:

Post a Comment

please show some love......