Thursday 11 July 2013

KITES AND AMBITIONS

Boy unwinds thread spool
    kite flies higher.
      ambitions soar.


          Haiku 

  

Kites were our childhood companions with varied colours, shaped and sizes. It must be perhaps man's ambition to fly in the sky that gave birth to kite-flying. The long association with the colourful paper object still exists.  


Sky is the limit and the ambition to soar higher and higher with favourable blowing winds gives a person on the ground a high. But with soaring ambitions, the feet should be firmly planted on the ground with the spool of quest fully under one's control.Adhering to these conditions , makes one steer the thread of his life in a favourable direction.



                 




                        


Google Images.


Let us fly the kites and enjoy our life. Have you flown kites in your childhood?


For: ULTIMATE BLOG CHALLENGE DAY 11


20 comments:

  1. Great pics. Good haiku and the kigo is wonderful - the association of monsoon and kites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the association of the free flying kite that is anchored to the ground by the thread spool, with the free flying self that needs to be attached to something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything that is in harmony had to have an anchor/control. Thank you divorcedoodling.

      Delete
  3. I have never flown a kite before, but I am very fascinated with kites. I love to see them soar high up in the sky.
    I loved your haiku.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always used to hold the spool and unwind the thread. I loved the control in my hand.Thank you Cynthia for reading.

      Delete
  4. That's a nice haiku. KItes have always fascinated me as well, though I have never flown one all my life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes loads of them... one of my favourite festivals specially in Gujarat its a huge craze!!

    Lovely reading... esp Haiku :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know kite-flying festival of Gujarat on Makar Sankrant day.

      Delete
  6. I have always flown kites with my siblings.. oh how i loved them .. and the kite race used to be so full of fights hehehehe..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its really nice to fly kites. Its an art and not easy.

      Delete
  7. I have flown kites as a child and with my children. As a kid one got stuck in a tree and when I attempted it with my kids we couldn't get the thing off the ground. Just not enough wind. So much fun regardless!

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely Haiku :)
    and beautiful pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The haiku set the perfect tone for the post and the pictures ended it beautifully. And yes I have flown way too many kites as a child :)

    Richa

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love kites, but sadly i dont know how to fly them! i wish to learn it soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Haiku.. :D
    My kites refuse to fly.. unless I hold then and run around on the terrace :P

    ReplyDelete

please show some love......