Tuesday 3 September 2013

My 7 pet peeves

WTFestivalofWords

I am taking part in The Write Tribe Festival of Words 1st-7th September 2013.

Day 4

MY SEVEN PET PEEVES.

Wikipedia says :

pet peeve is a minor annoyance that an individual identifies as particularly annoying to them, to a greater degree than others may find it.

Peeves are not  annoyances but a full-blown irritants that cease to be minor but to  became  major headaches .




PHONE ETIQUETTES.

On Sunday , I watched  'Satyagraha' film in a nearby multiplex and in the midst of an intense and interesting scene, the lady behind me suddenly started to  talk loudly on her cell-phone.  I turned behind to show my resentment but this lady paid no heed and went on talking. I  said a loud , "SSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHH , SILENCE". She took the hint and discontinued talking.  I have paid nearly Rs. 870 on tickets to watch the film and not to listen to personal talks of others. Can't the viewers keep their cell-phones on silent mode?

                                                           ----------------------------------------------






CHILDREN  AND PETS AS ACCOMPANIMENTS.

Children are tagged along to watch movies or plays just because there is no-one to babysit them at home.
Their howling and bawling does not allow the other patrons to enjoy. The children are not be blamed but their parents. How can the children be expected to sit quietly and watch what is of no interest to them? They would be certainly happy watching Jungle Book or Ice-Age movies.

A lady had bought her pet pomeranian to a wedding hall. And one can imagine the poor pet's discomfiture when crackers were being burst and the wedding songs being played full blast. The pet jumped and ran helter-skelter and the lady too sprinted ( a la P.T.Usha) draped in a heavy Kanjeevaram saree. 


                                     --------------------


                     


SMOKING IN PUBLIC

'Smoking is injurious to health', is printed on every packet of cigarettes. The smokers do not care for their health but should not inconvenience elderly people , babies and pregnant ladies and some dare to smoke even in 'No-Smoking' zone.


                                     --------------------------





THROWING GARBAGE

Packets of potato chips are thrown after eating away the contents as if the public place is a garbage bin.
Empty bottles of aerated soft drinks are carelessly thrown around.

                                          ----------------------------------------------





JUMPING QUEUES

We are a nation of people on the go , always in a tearing hurry trying to overtake people without scruples.


                             ---------------------- 





What do you do the whole day???

I was a working lady and now a stay-at-home mom and the most oft question asked is , 'How do you pass your time?". I feel like telling these people ," Hello, running a household is a full-time job and I do not have a single moment to waste."


                                    ----------------------- 


                         



MARRIAGE AND BABIES

A son or a daughter after completing his/her studies, settle down in their jobs, are subjected to third degree torture of 'Shenayee kab bajagee?'  ( wedding bells???) by elderly aunts and grandmas. No sooner are they tied in matrimony , the obvious question will be 'baby showers'. We are a band of over-inquisitive people who cannot mind their own business.




I have listed out my pet peeves. what are your peeves dear Readers?


Day 1 - 7 things I learnt from life.

Day 2 - 7 things I cannot live without

Day 3 - 7 most loved programmes on tv

Day 3 - healthy sprouts bhel


17 comments:

  1. That's an interesting post. Some of the above are my pet peeves too. And ya, I hate hate hate people talking on their phone in a movie hall. Just plain loathe it!

    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Talking loudly on the cell-phone in public places is the major irritant and people should be fined for this offence.

      Delete
  2. All these are so very irritating! Last Sunday even we watched Satyagraha and we had a mother playing and entertaining her 1-1.5 year old baby with "mera pyara baby, mera raja beta"... God!!
    Throwing garbage anywhere and jumping queues and even lanes while driving is our birthright!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All these are so very irritating. Last Sunday we watched Satyagraha too and we had this lady playing with her 1-1.5 yr old child and saying , "Mera pyara baby, mera raja beta"... God!! Some people have no sense at all.
    Throwing garbage anywhere, jumping queues and even lanes while driving is our birthright!! :|

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree and I had written similar posts quite some time back. That blog is long gone but the peeve still remains

    PhenoMenon
    http://throodalookingglass.com/2013/09/bison-2/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with whatever you've mentioned Kalpana. I hate inquisitive people too. People who only want to know about your personal life and weaknesses, but when trouble strikes they'll not move an inch to help you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. most of the above are my pet peeves as well.. how do u waste ur time or vile away your time, is such a ridiculous question.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are pets that all of us maintain :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very interesting read. I do share some with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. lack of phone etiquette, pets, garbage and of course, what do you do all day? irritate me to death. The company where I was working has bee closed and the job hunt is on but what peeves me when people ask. I so wanna tell them, go and mind ur own biz..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pathetic notion about"Housewives".I have seen people tag kids along in movie theaters but taking dog to a wedding ...BAH such nuisance..
    I agree upon so many pointer here...

    http://sailorswiferamblings.blogspot.com/2013/09/seven-sacred-chants.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Some of them are my pet peeves too.
    Spitting on public roads, Sound of chewing food... all these can be added to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I totally agree! I especially hate nosy people!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The first point happened to me in exactly the same way while I was watching Chennai Express. Imagine! I was listening to "Banke Titli ' and this lady at the back was going on talking as if it her living room. It is so irritating!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I could relate to all of them and your descriptions were so accurate. Super.

    ReplyDelete
  15. what do u do the whole day is hell lot annoying and so is someone using a cell phone in a movie hall...both times i have a urge to slap them tight

    you can check my post here -
    Karan - Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  16. i could relate to almost all of these esp. i loudly agree with you when they ask what do you do all day..? it makes me go grrr.. interesting read, Kalpana.. :)

    ReplyDelete

please show some love......