Tuesday 24 September 2013

weightlessness.


The Moth and the Lamp, Cesar Santos 



The light of learning

has cast its spell on me.

Pride has been pruned away,

Ego has been shed off,

Jealousy and vanity charred.

Green is the prosperity of mind.

My spirits feel free and light,

sprouted the wings of enlightenment,

Levitating above the ground realities.

I have forsaken the velvet slipper

of wealth and accumulation. 

Opened the windows of mind.

My soul is cleansed

I have attained Nirvana.

For : Magpietales - MAG 187

10 comments:

  1. This was an amazing post Kalpana.... deep... mystic and profound!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thoughtful poem. Thank you. I like the "velvet slipper of wealth and accumulation."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wealth and (excess) accumulation leads to dissatisfaction,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just one word, "Beautiful". :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful poem.. :) One really feels light once the worldly pleasures are let off. Well portrayed :)

    -Vaisakh

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is excellent. Beautifully expressed

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent...
    Levitating above the ground realities.

    I have forsaken the velvet slipper

    such profound thoughts and beautiful expression...

    ReplyDelete

please show some love......