Monday 25 November 2013

identity

The circular prominent dot                 
adorning my forehead
is my identity.

The black beads

adorning my neck
is my identity.

The toe rings and bangles

adorning my body
are my identity.

who said so? You did .

I agree not.

The inanimate objects

are not my identity.

I am a human first

a lady next
with a heart beating
inside a body.

my thoughts are my ornaments

feel the rhythm of my heart beats
do not play with my feelings.

I  am not your conquest

that  you can me patent
I am bound to you
not by bondage
but by bonds of togetherness.

my soul belongs to me

try to win it over with love.
try to win me with love
and see Heaven on earth

See Heaven on earth

deep in my eyes
and you can see yourself.







Do not shackle me
walk along my side
you have a friend for life.









set me free , chain me not
I will be your helping hand





together we shall create 
a new world
our world.





P.S. : 25th Nov is celebrated as international day for elimination of violence against women.
Violence of any kind has no place in human civilization.Let us all join hands to eliminate violence , each day and every day.

10 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! We should all learn to look past the exterior and focus on what is inside because that is what matters most: the person inside. Really loved this one! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is precisely what I wish to portray . The exterior embellishments are given importance rather the heart and soul of a person. Thanks Kathy for reading and understanding it .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely portrayed Kalpana, especially loved the Indianism you added with all those words and pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Women is absolutely not known by tjese ornaments but as a unique person. Loved the lines and emotions in this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope this becomes a reality soon!! Loved this expression of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kalpana the poetry took me on a journey of thoughts being a woman... beautifully done....

    Richa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful!! Only if everyone could understand the importance of these words.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah beautiful.. I don't wear any of the so-called symbols and because of that I have been called many names!! :-/
    But, its worth it. As you have said so perfectly -
    "I am a human first
    a lady next
    with a heart beating
    inside a body."

    ReplyDelete
  9. As the saying goes a man who treats his woman like a princess is a proof that we was born and was raised in the hands of a queen. :) Applies here no?

    PhenoMenon
    http://throodalookingglass.com/2013/11/smart-phones-not-so-smart/

    ReplyDelete

please show some love......