Friday 5 June 2015

Scream

Meandering fluidity
barricades erected
changing course,
altering fate.

Treasures of the womb
dug out with greed
and not need
porous Earth.

Green canopy pruned
to build shelters.
bare and brown
stands the planet

Creating clones
the genetic seeds destroyed.
mighty Ganges sullied
land reclamations

Anger bursts from my seams
 molten lava spews
Tsunamis roll out from my heart.
When I grind my teeth and
clench my jaws, the crust shakes
tumbles and quakes.

Mercury soars
 there is no respite
famine and helplessness reigns
Mother Earth scream at her little children.
Stop this destruction!
we have only one Earth to live on.


                                                         BAR_WW_Badege

                                                       written for :  Wordy Wednesday

This week’s prompt comes from B-A-R member, writer and blogger,
Inderpreet Kaur Uppal,


No comments:

Post a Comment

please show some love......