Friday 8 September 2017

busy-bee








Aunt Charlotte being a very fastidious person, I am on tenterhooks about a slip.

The brownies and cookies are baked to perfection. Darjeeling tea is ready to be 

brewed. The expensive crockery is laid on the table. The curtains match with sofa 

upholstery.

How did I miss this? I station the wooden-stool and hitch my dress high to climb 

despite feeling giddy. I am busy cleaning the ceiling-fan. The landline-phone springs to 

life.

                                             Image result for Landline Phone ringing

I lower myself huffing, losing my balance to fall on the phone. I just pick the receiver.

“Okay Aunt”, I mumble.


She has cancelled her visit.


            Written for  : Carrot Ranch Flash Fiction. Thanks Charli Mills.

google pic

No comments:

Post a Comment

please show some love......